
A Culver Community Middle/High School guidance counselor got some statewide recognition from Governor Holcomb Monday. Missy Trent was recognized for her efforts in helping a student who was potentially positive for COVID-19.
Continue reading
A Culver Community Middle/High School guidance counselor got some statewide recognition from Governor Holcomb Monday. Missy Trent was recognized for her efforts in helping a student who was potentially positive for COVID-19.
Continue reading
Marshall County Health Nurse Lisa Letsinger announced to the commissioners on Monday that more testing will be available to residents. She told the commissioners on Monday that Marshall County was selected to be one of the 50 sites in the state for Optum testing.
Continue reading
More than 20,000 Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19, according to testing through the Indiana State Department of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and private laboratories.
Continue reading
Many businesses may be allowed to reopen over the coming weeks, but don’t expect any school activities to resume until at least July. Governor Eric Holcomb’s Back on Track Indiana plan clarifies that all K-12 school buildings, facilities, and grounds are closed and all activities remain canceled until June 30.
Continue reading
Truck drivers continuing to make their deliveries during the COVID-19 pandemic were able to get some protective equipment, with some help from Indiana State Police. Master Trooper Jim Strong and Sgt. Dale Turner passed out 1,000 face masks Friday at the I-94 rest park in LaPorte County, with help from Darin Jones with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
Continue reading
The Indiana State Department of Health will host a drive-through COVID-19 testing site in Plymouth later this week. The testing will be held Wednesday through Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EDT at Plymouth High School.
Continue reading
The number of COVID-19 cases in Marshall and Pulaski counties continues to increase. Pulaski County has had 29 residents test positive, according to Sunday’s report from the Indiana State Department of Health, an increase of three from the previous day. Marshall County added one case, bringing the total to 31 with one death.
Continue reading
The Culver-Union Township Public Library will begin offering curbside checkout Monday. Patrons will be able to call in their requests Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. to noon at 574-842-2941. Items will then be available for pickup Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. Materials may be returned to the library’s drop box.
Continue reading
The number of Pulaski County residents who’ve tested positive for COVID-19 is now up to 26. Out of over 200 tests taken in the county, almost 13 percent have come back positive, according to Saturday’s report from the Indiana State Department of Health. This comes as neighboring Cass County has seen its number of cases rise to 1,224.
Continue reading
Another Starke County resident has tested positive for COVID-19. A 17th case was reported by the Starke County Health Department Saturday morning.
Continue reading
As businesses prepare to reopen, Governor Eric Holcomb is promising some help from the state, when it comes to getting personal protective equipment.
Continue reading
A second Starke County resident has died from COVID-19. The Starke County Health Department says a man over the age of 60 with preexisting conditions died at a St. Joseph County hospice facility early Friday morning. He had been hospitalized as a COVID-19 patient, according to health officials.
Continue reading
Indiana’s stay-at-home order will gradually be lifted starting Monday. Stores currently restricted to curbside pickup will be able to open to the public at 50-percent capacity on May 4, with restaurants to follow a week later. But anyone age 65 or older should continue to stay home, if possible.
Continue reading
Marshall and Pulaski counties are reporting more cases of COVID-19. Marshall County has now had 30 residents test positive with one death, according to Friday’s report from the Indiana State Department of Health. Pulaski County is up to 25 positive cases. Starke County remains at 16 cases and one death.
Continue reading
The Marshall County Museum and Marshall County Jail will remain closed to the public, even as other county facilities reopen Monday. As previously reported, the Courthouse and County Building will reopen for essential services but will have restricted public access. Security guards may limit number of people inside at a time and make sure visitors are wearing face masks.
Continue reading
Those filing for unemployment benefits continue to get some guidance from the state. More than 57,000 initial unemployment claims were filed in Indiana last week, according to the Department of Workforce Development. Commissioner Fred Payne says that’s significantly lower than the peak in March, but still more than double the pre-COVID-19 peak.
Continue reading
As the Marshall County Building opens up to the public on Monday, May 4, Marshall County Commissioner Kevin Overmyer said the staff will be following guidelines when it comes to procedures in the building.
Continue reading
The Culver Town Council members took action Tuesday night to extend the Public Health Emergency Disaster Declaration to Tuesday, May 4. This allows the town to be eligible for funds used in the response to COVID-19.
Continue reading
Indiana is centralizing the COVID-19 contact tracing process. Up until now, it’s often been up to county health departments to contact those who test positive, ask them about potential close contacts, and then reach out to those people. State Health Commissioner Dr. Kris Box announced Wednesday that the state is contracting with a company called Maximus to launch a statewide call center and notification system.
Continue reading